The purpose of our endowment
How can I make a gift?
- To allow persons to leave a legacy for future generations to assure that making disciples will go on forever.
- To provide permanent, financial gifts that will help support the future ministry of our church. The principal of these gifts is held in perpetuity with the income made available as needed for ministries of the church.
- Join us as a partner in the future of Midway UMC!
There are a variety of options to make a gift to the Endowment. Click here
for an easy chart that describes your options.Where can I get my questions answered?
Feel free to call or email ... Click here
for a list of frequently asked questions.Where can I make a gift?
Your gift may support any of the funds listed below. Endowment Funds:
- General Endowment Fund - For ongoing ministry needs as determined by the elected leadership of the church.
- Capital Improvements and Unbudgeted Property Maintenance Endowment Fund - For maintenance, care, improvement, and construction of physical facilities, including furnishings or equipment and the purchase of additional property.
- Named Endowment Fund (in memory or honor) - With a minimum gift of $15,000, you may name an endowment fund in memory or honor of a loved one.
- Missions Endowment Fund - For ministries beyond the local church in the community or the world missions of the church.
- Scholarship Endowment Funds
- For educational aid to members and friends of the congregation.
- Children’s Ministry Endowment Fund
- For support of the ministry in the Children’s Programs.
Wills Planning Guide, Planned Giving Resources and Free Consultation
- Youth Ministry Endowment Fund
- For support of the ministry in the Youth Programs.
- Music Endowment Fund – For support of the Music ministry of the church.
An excellent resource is the Georgia United Methodist Foundation. A Wills Planner and resources about planned giving with examples and videos is available on the website at www.gumf.org
under the Planned Giving tab. The Foundation staff is also available to meet with you free of charge to discuss giving options 770.449.6726.